Resort COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
At Mountain Creek, our team has worked tirelessly to adapt our winter operations to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, with a focus on the safety of our team and guests. You will notice numerous changes to your Mountain Creek experience when you visit us this Winter, but our commitment to delivering life-enhancing experiences in a safe and welcoming environment remains the same.
We encourage you to read and understand the information here to prepare for your visit(s). We are confident that with the modifications we’ve made, we all can enjoy a safe and fun snow sliding experience this Winter.
- Our Team Members will undergo daily health screenings prior to starting their shift and have been trained thoroughly on all our new health and safety measures.
- You will notice an increased focus on cleaning and sanitization. All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; this includes our counters, handrails, restrooms, seating areas and all rental equipment. We kindly ask that you try to limit the number of surfaces you touch during your visit and make use of the hand sanitizer stations we have made available throughout the Resort.
- We will be adhering to strict social distancing precautions. Please keep a minimum of 6 feet of distance between yourself and others and follow the guide signs we have placed throughout the Resort to assist you in maintaining a good distance.
- Masks or face coverings will be required at all times during your visit. Masks must be made of tightly knitted material with no mesh or ventilation holes in the nose or mouth area, and fit snuggly around the nose and face. Regardless of what your personal beliefs are on the use of masks, there will be no exceptions to this rule. Our masks keep you safe. Your masks keep us safe.
- Entry into the Red Tail Lodge, South Lodge and any other indoor spaces will be controlled to adhere to capacity restrictions. At the Red Tail Lodge, only those utilizing lodge services will be admitted entry (rentals redemption, retail purchasing, and food/beverage purchasing). Portable restrooms will be available in the Red Tail Lodge Parking Lot. At the South Lodge, guests will be permitted entry to access restrooms, but all restaurant spaces will be restricted and locker rooms will be closed.
- If you are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone in your household who is feeling sick or has recently tested positive for COVID-19 – please stay home. The trails will be waiting for you when you are feeling better and it is safe for you to visit.
We will be limiting the number of face-to-face interactions you will need to have with our team onsite and we are requiring advanced online purchase for all visits. There will be no ticket products sold onsite and tickets can/will sell out. Please plan ahead.
- Please plan to boot-up, dress, and prepare for your day on the slopes in the parking lot at your vehicle. Think of it as your vehicle becoming your base lodge this Winter, as we will have limited access in lodge areas.
- We have instituted contactless scanning for ticket/card/pass redemption. Please have your receipt (QR code) ready to be redeemed by our Guest Experience Ambassadors in orange jackets outside our lodges. All pre-purchased products will be redeemed outdoors in an effort to reduce the time spent indoors.
Lifts and On-Snow
- While waiting at the lift, please follow all posted signage, requirements and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and the next group of guests while waiting to load the lift.
- We will be limiting the loading of lifts to family groups or groups who travel/live together.
- Gloves and facemasks/coverings shall be worn at all times when on lifts and on the slopes.
- Stopping and gathering on trails should be kept to a minimum, and when stopping, social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained.
- Much like lift access, all rental packages must be purchased online in advance of your visit. Rentals are sold as part of the “GO Package” and will now be sold based on specific arrival times. Please note, the time that you purchase for is your scheduled arrival at the rental shop. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your rental reservation to allow yourself adequate time to walk from your vehicle to the lodge.
- Please follow all distancing and directional signage throughout your time in the lodge while you fit for your equipment.
- A limited number of lockers will be available to guests who are renting equipment, and we ask that you don’t gather for long periods of time while accessing your locker. Lockers will be assigned to create distance naturally and will be sanitized after each use.
- Again, masks/face coverings are required throughout the duration of the rental experience and in the base area.
Snow Sports School
- All lesson products must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
- Our self-guided lesson experience for guests who have rented from us helps naturally keep a social distance throughout the process.
- Private lessons and Kids programs will be available, but with new restrictions and guidelines to help keep our guests properly distanced and safe.
- All lessons will be hand-free and masks/face coverings are required throughout the entire lesson.
- We require advanced purchase reservations with limited capacity restrictions to promote social distancing.
- Masks/face coverings are required at all times during the snowtubing experience, and gloves are also required while snowtubing.
- The viewing area has been re-imagined with socially distanced picnic tables, and an additional fire pit to keep guests warm and safe.
Restaurants & Dining
- We will continue to monitor and follow recommendations and requirements from the CDC and local regulatory bodies about dining standards and capacity requirements.
- We will offer additional outdoor food and beverage options and seating, including food trucks, and outdoor grill options. Seating at the Biergarten will also be expanded, and all tables will be kept at a safe distance from each other.
- Access to the Market will be restricted to those who are purchasing food and access will be monitored to ensure the space follows capacity restrictions.
- Seating will be limited by time as follows: 45 minutes in the Market, 90 minutes in restaurants.
- Take out options will be available at most restaurants, including online ordering.
Keeping Mountain Creek safe is everyone’s responsibility. Please help us and do your part by following these guidelines. With these precautions in place, there is no reason why we can’t safely and responsibly enjoy the mountain together this Winter. We look forward to welcoming you home to Mountain Creek on your next visit.
Please note, as the virus continues to evolve and regulations change, our policies are subject change accordingly.