( Ages 15 & Up )
Spring Women's Weekend Camp
Enjoy a day of riding and confidence building our Women’s Progression Camps. These camps are a great opportunity to gain confidence on your bike while working with like-minded women on your downhill mountain bike skills. We've collaborated with Kathi Krause and Dirt Rock N' Root for all coaching of women's camps .
Spring Women's Weekend Camp (Ages 15 & Up)
Our Spring Women's Weekend Camp is a great way to get acquainted with the fundamental mountain bike skills that will make your introduction to downhill a positive experience. These skills will help increase your confidence and you’ll have more fun when riding the bike park. These skills include:
- Basic Body Position and Balance – how to move on your bike to create a stable, balanced position while riding downhill
- Braking - How and when to use your brakes
- Gears - How to use your gears (cadence, shifting and pedaling technique)
- Vision - How to ride better by looking ahead
- Pumping the bike
- Basic cornering techniques
Campers have the choice to join one or multiple sessions based on ability and desired progression.
- Session 1 – Fundamentals (Saturday 9:30a – 12p)
- Session 2 – Drops (Saturday 1:30p-4p)
- Session 3 – Cornering (Sunday 9:30a – 12p)
- *Session 4 – Jumps (Sunday 1:30p – 4p)
- *Session 5 – Line Choice & Tech (Sunday 1:30p – 4p)
*Participants must choose either session 4 or 5 for final session.
Dates: June 5th & June 6th
Time: 9am - 4pm (1 hour lunch break, lunch not included)
Rate: Full Day - $149.99 (Includes Lift Ticket)
Includes lift access, does not include bike rental. Equipment rental available at Bike Shop with a 20% discount on a first come, first serve basis.
Please note: All campers must be able to stand on their pedals while coasting on their bikes. Beginner riders must be comfortable riding a mountain bike off paved surfaces and be able to use hand brakes with confidence.
What should I wear?
Long pants and long sleeve tops are recommended. Shoulders should be covered.
Full-face helmets are required for all participants.
Knee and elbow protective equipment recommended.
Full-finger gloves and goggles are highly recommended.
Can I use my own bike?
A full suspension mountain bike with a minimum of 5” (125mm) of front and rear travel is required. Front and rear disc brakes are required - no coaster or rim brakes allowed.
Rental Bikes are available at a discount for campers. Advanced reservations are required to ensure the right size bike is available for you.
Complimentary protective equipment is included with all bike rentals.