Date: Sunday, August 27th
Registration: 12:00-1:00pm at Wave Pool
Boat Building: 1-3pm
Race Starts: 3-6pm
Price: $10 per person, max of 2 people per boat.
Prizes: Waterpark Season Passes for 2018, prizes vary per category
- Fastest Time (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Most Creative (decoration, costume, etc) (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Titanic (fastest sinking ship) (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Boat can be built beforehand, but will be thoroughly inspected to ensure it fits design and material regulations. For same day builds, duct tape will not be provided. See official rules and regulations below.
Design and Materials Regulations
- The entire boat must be built from cardboard and duct tape. Boats must be less than 6 feet wide.
- Each team will be supplied with ample amounts of cardboard if building on race day
- Duct tape, box cutters, pencils, etc. will not be supplied. Participants must provide additional items.
- Duct tape will be available for purchase the day of the event.
- All participants must supply their own oars/paddles.
- Boats must be less than 6 feet wide.
- Supplies that are NOT PERMITTED
- Wood, plastic, rubber, Styrofoam, fiberglass, or any flotation devices.
- Caulk, epoxies, glues, varnishes, or sealants.
- Electrical, gas, benzene, propane, or any other chemical propulsion system.
- Participants are encouraged to decorate their boats as long as the props are made of carboard and duct tape.
- Paint is encouraged but must be dry prior to race day.
- Crew Members
- No more than 2 participants in the boat at all times.
- The crew compartment CANNOT be enclosed so that it does not interfere with any necessary escape.
- All crew members must be wear a personal flotation device (PFD).
- During the race, crew members MUST be IN the boat, not towing it or holding it between their legs. Swimming or using the life jacket to aid in boat flotation is not permitted.
Race Rules and Procedures
ALL RACE PARTICIPANTS AND CREW MEMBERS MUST WEAR A PROPERLY FITTED PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PDF) WHILE IN OR ON THE WATER.
The minimum age of any race participants is 10 years old. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present and have a signed waiver.
All crew members MUST sign a participant waiver on race day. Boats will not be allowed to race without a signed waiver from each participant.
- Check in at the registration table between 12:00-1:00pm and unload your boat in the display area/prep to start building boat.
- Participants will get a boat number and race heat.
- All participants MUST sign a participant waiver. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present.
- After the judge’s inspection is complete, boats will race.
- After the race, participants are required to remove all cardboard, decorations and other materials from the water and the grounds.
Failure to abide by any design or race rule or the direction of a race official shall be cause for disqualification. The judge’s decision will be final.