Safety is one of our top priorities at Mountain Creek. We work hard to ensure that all levels of the resort are safe for guests and team members, but we obviously can't be everywhere at once and rely on you guys to be careful while you're shredding out there. So, when you're on the mountain, do you keep it safe? Do you follow the rules? Do YOU Know the Code?
We're talking about the National Ski Area Association Skier/Rider Responsibility Code, aka what we live and breathe by. January is National Safety Month in the ski industry, and we wanted to close out the month by giving a little something back to our guests who embrace keeping things safe while enjoying a day on the slopes. Any guest visiting Mountain Creek on Thursday, January 28th who can recite the Skier/Rider responsibility code in full from memory, will be given a free slope access voucher to visit our sister resort, Big SNOW American Dream.
How to Participate:
Simply stop by our Guest Experience team on your way in or out, and give it your best shot from memory. Please note that code must be recited in full from memory in order to be eligible, and listening devices are strictly prohibited.
Give it a shot! The code is listed below, so feel free to brush up on your mountain safety responsibilities. If you have them memorized by January 28th, you'll be entitled to a free day at our innovative new indoor ski resort, Big SNOW American Dream!
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.