Mountain Creek Bike Park COVID-19 Precautions and Guidelines
Please note that the Bike Park will be closed Monday - Friday this week for ongoing maintenance projects. We will open for the general public with day ticket and rental sales starting on Saturday, June 13th. At this time all sales must be made online in advance of arrival. Due to COVID-19 precautions, we will not be offering any onsite sales.
Your health and safety along with that of our team members remains our top priority, and as much as we’re all looking for a little return to normalcy in our lives, we’re not quite there yet in our fight against this virus. With that said, we do feel confident that if we all work together and follow strict personal hygiene and social distancing practices, there is no reason why we can’t get out and enjoy the trails together safely and responsibly. Please make note of our new Mountain Biking policies that we will be asking all guests to adhere to when you visit us this season.
New COVID-19 Bike Safety Guidelines
- If you are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone in your household who is feeling sick or has recently tested positive for COVID-19 – Please stay home. The trails will be waiting for you when you are feeling better and it is safe for you to visit.
- To better allow for social distancing, we will be limiting the amount of daily Lift Tickets we will be selling. All ticket and rental purchases must be made online in advance of your visit. There will be no onsite sales for Lift Tickets or Bike Rentals at this time.
- The Red Tail parking lot and driveway will remain closed for all guest parking and drop off. All guests should enter the resort on the Cobblestone Village side at the Mountain Creek marquee sign.
- Upon arrival, please check in with our staff in the booth at the entrance to the Cobblestone Parking Lot to pick up your tickets and passes. No ticket or pass pickup will be offered at the Red Tail Lodge.
- When parking please try to leave at least one open space between you and the next vehicle. When at your vehicle, please try to maintain social distance and keep your socializing only to the group that you came with. There will be a time for parking lot hangs and drinks shared after a good day of riding, but that time is not now.
- Please don’t Dirty Jersey and whatever trash you bring with you, please take home with you. That includes your riding buddies.
- Face coverings will be required for all guests in the base area and when not riding on your bike. A full-face helmet does not count as a face covering. Regardless of what your personal beliefs are on the use of masks there will be no exceptions to this rule. Our masks keep you safe. Your masks keep us safe.
- Restrooms will be available at the Red Tail Lodge. Please enter through the Biergarten entrance on the side of the lodge and maintain social distancing. Please know that we have staffed a dedicated restroom attendant to keep up on the cleaning and sanitization of our restrooms in accordance with current COVID-19 best practices.
- Limited curbside repair and retail services will be offered at the Red Tail Lodge. Broke something or forgot something? See our staff in front of the Red Tail Lodge for assistance.
- Rentals will be available for advanced online reservation starting on Saturday June 6. Rental bikes and pads will be thoroughly sanitized after each guest use.
- Lessons will not be available at this time. We are currently working on our plans and protocols to safely be able to offer lessons and hope to be adding those in the coming weeks.
- We will be limiting any high touch areas for the time being, this includes water jugs and rider seating areas at the lift. Please be prepared to be self-sufficient during your time at the park.
- At this time please note that no Bike Wash will be offered for guest use. A clean bike is a fast bike, but a dirty bike is a safe bike.
- Please maintain strict social distancing during your time with us at the park. Only congregate with the guests you arrived with, minimize your stopped time on trails and keep all high fives at least 6 feet apart.
- While waiting at the lift, please follow all posted signage, requirements and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and the next group of guests while waiting to load the lift.
- Masks must be worn while waiting to load the lift. No exceptions.
- We will be limiting the loading of the Cabriolet Gondola to only one biker or family group per cabin. Party Cabs will just have to wait.
- Keep your hands to yourself. Gondola cabins will be sanitized at the top of the mountain after each ride, but for your safety and that of your fellow riders please try to limit the number of surfaces you touch in the cabin.
- Have a plan in advance. Please limit the amount of time you spend at the top of the mountain and mid-mountain trail hubs. Have a plan of where you want to go in advance.
- We encourage riders to only ride with those other riders who arrived with them. Please maintain social distancing on the trails and at any trail merges or hubs. Rider spacing of at least 20 feet is recommended for maximum safety.
- See an injury or if you are injured yourself... Call EMS at 973-864-8888
- Ride within your limits and ability level and always follow the Mountain Bike Rider Responsibility Code
We know change is hard, and part of what make downhill so great is the socializing and comradery that comes from riding with your friends. Hopefully, we will be able to get back to all of that soon... but in the meantime, it is each of our responsibilities to help keep each other safe. We appreciate your understanding and support and look forward to getting back out safely on the trails with you all.
Stay Safe. Have Fun. Ride on!