Ride Smart. Cover Up.
What to Wear
Don’t let weather, obstacles, or crashes put an early end to your day. Protect your body from a range of elements and injuries with this recommended protective gear designed exclusively for downhill mountain biking.
- Helmet (Mandatory) – A helmet is required for all riders in the bike park. We strongly recommend a full-face helmet to provide the greatest range of protection.
- Goggles – Wrap-around goggles are the best choice for eye protection against dirt, branches, and other obstacles you’ll encounter on the trails or in a crash.
- Elbow and Knee Pads – Provide protection from cuts, scrapes, and any impact to these parts of your body that are most common to be injured in a crash.
- Closed-Toe Shoes – Shoes with a durable toe box and high ankle support are important to manage the rough terrain and impact.
- Long-Sleeved Shirt and Shorts – Cover up with the proper clothing to limit the amount of bare skin showing.
- Full Finger Gloves – Use these to keep your hands on your bars with secure grip on your brakes. Your hands are typically first to support you in a crash so you want them covered up.
- Body Armour – Optional for anyone who wants extra protection for your back and chest.
- Neck Brace – Optional for anyone who wants extra neck support which typically is needed when hitting large jumps and drops.
Mountain Creek Bike Shop
The Mountain Creek Bike Shop located in the Red Tail Lodge offers everything a downhill enthusiast could need or might have forgotten. Stop on in and let our friendly staff get you sorted out for a great day on the trails.